So there are always those beauty products that everyone raves about and I always wonder if they are worth the hype. I have seen lots of posts about various Make Up Revolution products and having tried a few pieces I have become quite the fan of this brand.
There is one product that has taken me ages to buy as every time I went to look for it there were none in stock so imagine my happiness when I finally found the One Blush Stick on the shelves!!
It is a versatile blusher as you can also use it on your lips as it can be used wet for a sheer look or dry for a more striking look.
The thing to remember is a little goes a long way with this one as it is highly pigmented.
I chose to try the Matte Pink Shade as I love pink blushers for my skin tone and this is very pink! I swatched it on my arm dry (I forgot to do a wet version) and as you can see it is is very vibrant and I found I only need a small amount on my blusher brush. I have yet to try it wet to see what the sheer version will be like.
Overall at £6 it isn't the cheapest blusher on the market (when you can buy them for £1 ) but I think its great value for money and I love the colour and creaminess of it and the packaging is nice which always draws me in!
I think its fair to say I'm sold and hope to pick up more in different colours!!
The more products I try from Make Up Revolution the more I fall in love with them and next on my list are some of their funky lipsticks!
Just recently I seem to have felt a bit despondent, and that my life had become work eat sleep repeat so sometimes its good to sit back and think about what makes you happy.
I saw this on Rachel's blog and decided it would be a good thing to try so here we go!
1. My Husband- yes it may be corny but he is here through thick and thin and I would be lost without him!
2. My Son- he may drive me mad sometimes but he is the apple of my eye and no matter how old he gets he will always be my baby!
3. My family in general who are fabulous and I am very lucky to have such a supportive one
4. Blogging and through it the amazing people I have met! I love you all!
5. Chocolate- especially Reeces Pieces!
6. Make Up- Since I started blogging I have renewed my interest in make up
7. Taking Selfies! I know some people think its vain I see it as a way to care for yourself
8. Internet- I would now be lost without it.
9. The sea- I need to see the sea at least once a year I always think this is because I am a water sign.
10. Somerset as I feel like I am home whenever I am there and I always feel sad to leave.
11. Doctor Who- I have loved the Doctor since I was small!
12. Music especially Crowded House again I have loved them since my teenage years.
13. Shopping- does this really need an explanation?
14. Parks and Recreation- this left a huge hole in my heart when it finished and I now have a huge crush on Adam Scott!
15. Coffee and Cake I love to sit with a nice cup of coffee and slice of cake.
16. Baking although I am not that good at it! (but I love to make cakes for my work friends and enjoy seeing people like what I have made!).
17. Gardening- it relaxes me and I feel a sense of pride when I look at my garden!
18. Flowers- I love flowers and nothing makes me happier than when I see the first flowers of spring!
19. Star Wars- I grew up with Star Wars and I love it still to this day.
20.Drinking out of my mason jars!!
21. The sound of the birds singing in the garden. I live in quite an urban area but we still have an amazing array of wildlife including a barmy blackbird who shouts at me!!
22. Video games- I grew up in the ZX Spectrum and arcade era and my love of video games is still going strong!
23.Netflix- Who could have envisioned that one day we would have a service like this?
24. Coming home from work to my husband and son- they are always pleased to see me!
25. Being able to sit in my garden in the summer- I don't have a huge garden but I love the fact that I have some outdoor space!
26. Ice Cream
27. Sunshine- I always feel better when the sun is shining!
28. A fresh undercut- usually courtesy of husband!
29.A good cup of tea!!
30. Amusement arcades- There is something very satisfying about winning on the 2p machines!
31. Friday nights- I love that feeling of knowing I have no work for two days!
32. Chinese food- I love sweet n sour chicken balls!
33. When things I plant actually grow!
34. Sleeping- When you have children sleep suddenly becomes the best thing ever as for quite a few years you never seem to get enough!!
35. Completing jigsaws- I just wish my current table was big enough!
36. A good roast dinner!
37. Museums and art galleries- I am lucky that we have a fantastic one in Birmingham which is free to visit.
38. Weston Super Mare and Burnham on Sea- My favourite seaside destinations ever!!
39. Clean sheets on my bed
40. A nice dress to swish about in and pretend I am in Grease as a pink lady!
41. Forests- I can forget all about the world and just potter through the trees
43. The moon I am fascinated by the moon.
44. Driving on an empty road because living in Birmingham this never happens!
45. Finding an internet bargain or secret discount code.
46. Hearing live music especially film theme tunes played by an orchestra which I have been lucky enough to do a few times
47. Sunday lunch with my parents (my dad makes the best roast dinner ever!!).
48. Wine- I do love a glass of wine
49. A good pair of trainers- I have owned many over the years from Converse to Nike!
50. Work- Yes my job does make me happy, I like the feeling of knowing I helped someone and I work with some fantastic people.
What makes you happy? Fancy doing this then let me know!
Well I succumbed and bought a dress in the ASOS Curve sale from New Look Inspire as I wanted a dress I could wear for both work and casual.
This one was reduced to £11 in the sale and then I found a discount code for another 10% off sale items so it was even cheaper! You know me and my love of a good bargain!
I really am quite pleased with this dress it is easy to throw on and go which when I am rushing around to get ready for work in the morning is needed! The only issues I've had or it can sometimes pick up static (but I am terrible for that anyway) and the armholes are a bit big and my bra peeks out but I might pop a vest under if necessary. What I do love is the cut out on the back as it gives a bit more detail to the dresss. New Look seem to do a lot of these dresses with the elasticated middle and I quite like how easy they are to style.
Dress New Look Inspire- No longer available online
Leggings Yours Clothing
Handbag Ollie and Nic Via TK Maxx
I recently spotted this tag over on Behind Green Eyes by Sharon and she very kindly agreed to let me take part so here we go!
-Has one son who was born 2 months early weighing just 3 1/2 lbs
-Suffered a miscarriage with my second pregnancy and that is why I only have one child
-Juggles full time work, blogging and an eight year old.
-Tells her son she loves him everyday.
-Is bringing her son up to have a healthy love of Doctor Who and Star Wars
-Sometimes wishes she could freeze time as it seems to go too fast.
-Checks on my son before I go to bed everynight.
-Loves the internet.
-Loves to play video games often on co-op with my son!
-Is pleased her son joined cubs and that he loves it so much
-Wishes she could afford to take her son to Disneyland in America.
-Is never on time for anything and frequently forgets the important stuff!
-Is afraid of the dentist
-Sings along to the cartoon theme tunes.
-Enjoys a glass of wine or two
-Finds old toys and sweets in the bottom of her handbag.
-Is the finder of all lost things in the house.
-Is a keen but not very green fingered gardener.
-Turning 40 this year and a bit unsure about it.